1. What are the benefits of having a Rock Garden in your home?
Rock garden at your home can serve many purposes. You can use it for holding get together or keep your pet’s home there or find tranquility, calm, peace and serenity for yourself. You can join these elements into your garden with your designing talent and enough space available for it. Other elements like water features, lighting, seating, music, can do included according to your choice. It is easier to take care of a rock garden than a traditional garden since rocks don’t require much of maintenance and there is lesser number of plants and less weeding to be made. Rocks will also help in preventing soil erosion.
Depending on how your rock garden is set up and constructed, you may also be providing some of the smaller species of the animal kingdom with shelter; food and water, without even realizing it, or you may plan it out with that function in mind. Having a bird feed or a rabbit burrow in the same can add happiness and joy to your life. There no better music than the sounds of nature; the birds chirping and the leaves flapping. A rock garden is going to be a place where you can go and relax, become one with nature, and rejuvenate your body, self, and mind. It is a place to unwind and revitalize your senses. While in your rock garden, you should feel at peace and be at ease.
2. What are the size ranges and the types of rocks that are suitable for a Rock Garden?
Rocks give structure and definition to landscape designs. They can also serve a function, such as water drainage, or help reduce water use. Rocks are to choose to keep in mind the climate, your needs, and landscaping goals. This could even include using a variety of rocks to meet different needs. A number of options available help in choosing the best rocks. By deciding to use landscaping rocks, the new texture of the garden deciding and color that will contrast nicely with most of your plants. Rocks can use to segregate one area from the other. Landscaping rocks keep moisture in hot weather while allowing rain to reach the soil on wetter days. There are a technically many varieties to choose from but avoid the use of too many types.
- Lava rock is light in weight, but big on size and rust in colors. It offers a stark contrast against typically green foliage. Some varieties are even available in black. It has a rough, uneven texture and shape that can set apart more modern-looking garden.
- Crush stone can be used to separate beds or spread in a wider path to offer a water-permeable walkway.
- River rocks have typically light-colored appearance and can be used around water bodies.
- Marble Chips can do near fountains or in potted plants and are popular because of its sparkling nature.
- Chert is mostly found in pebble from. Some chert is striped, while some are solid color which can be use to form a flower bed border.
- Serpentine can also be use as a decorative element in the landscaping plan. It is a bold green rock and has medium to large boulders which can give a new shape to the area.
- Schist is available in two colors, blue and green and can be use to make walkways, flower bed accentuation and garden walls.
- Flagstone is popular because of its versatility and it is indestructible.
- Fake rocks are the plastic in material but looks like rocks.
- Artificial Rocks are the artificial stone or tiles and are available with a number of companies like Unities which can use for exterior or pavements. These can also use for creating walkways.
3. Tell us more about the kinds of plants and herbs that work well in a Rock Garden?
Rock garden, as a rule, composed of plants that must a soil with good drainage, and it is suggestible to select plants that conform to the rule. If there is sandy soil on hand, it is best for the garden but if it is clayey soil, then sand is required to add to promote better drainage. We have already looked at one growing need: drainage. It is good to have specimens for the rock garden that will grow best when water percolates readily through their soil. It would be a mistake to add a plant that prefers wet soil to this mix, no matter how much it does for your color scheme. Only plants with similar growing requirements will group together unless you’re willing to sacrifice longevity for temporary “good looks.” Generally, rule 3 works best i.e. 3 plants of the same type placed together add to repetition and uniformity.
The deviation from it will lead to a Hodge-lodge, and not a unified look. For the sake of your design, stick to a theme. Also, too many different kinds of plants will make the space look too busy. Have a color scheme in mind and seek variation in plant-size and leaf-texture. Focus on foliage in your rock garden design. Flowers come and go, but foliage serves as a backbone for a composition. Even so, this rock garden will look nicer in spring and early summer, when the plants are in bloom than it will be in spring. An equilibrium is to keep up between the planting and the rock installation, but your goal ultimately is to cover as much of the surface as possible with rocks and plants. It is just the creativity of a designer or an person how your rock garden turns out to be.
4. Elaborate on ways the stones can be arrange in a Rock Garden so that it looks natural.
Your choice of rock garden rocks is effect by the color scheme. But the use of color schemes in landscaping projects differs markedly from their other uses. So compliance with color schemes in landscaping is not as easy as it can be in the art world. There is no thumb rule and your creativity leads to creation. Use heaviest stones for the first course, then some large rocks, and then the prettiest rocks. That’s because the rocks of the second course will show up more, being closer to the eye. With the circle of stones in place, it’s time to fill it with soil. The second layer of the raised-bed rock garden on the same basis as that of the first but it will be smaller than the first circle. The rock garden is a very good alternative to the normal traditional gardens that we normally have at our houses.
5. Is it possible to create different types of Rock Gardens at home?
Your choice of rock-garden rocks is effect by the color scheme. But the use of color schemes in landscaping projects differs markedly from their other uses. So compliance with color schemes in landscaping is not as easy as it can be in the art world. There is no thumb rule and your creativity leads to creation. Use heaviest stones for the first course, then some large rocks, and then the prettiest rocks. That’s because the rocks of the second course will show up more, being closer to the eye. With the circle of stones in place, it’s time to fill it with soil. The second layer of the raised-bed rock garden on the same basis as that of the first but it will be smaller than the first circle. The rock garden is a very good alternative to the normal traditional gardens that we normally have at our houses.
6. Please tell about the regular maintenance work your Rock Garden requires.
The skilled gardeners will plant those plants on the top which must less of water and those plants which mustmore of water at the foothills which is exactly like the native habitat. The plant accordance with the environment; season and a good gardener will give out more output with minimal costing using the right kind of trees, plants. It normally would need less maintenance than a traditional flower garden.
7. How does a rock garden enhance the look of one’s Home Decor?
Rock gardens are increasingly becoming popular these days and it enhances the beauty of one’s house. Rock garden uses natural terrain and provides the perfect complement to the beauty of your home. A well laid and designed rock garden is the one which will get the exterior look to merge with the interiors.
8. Is there anything else you would like to share with our readers about Rock Garden?
You can also attract butterflies and hummingbirds to your garden with our choice of flowering shrub bushes. Brightly colored blooms of red, yellow, pink and purple and fragrant shrubs and perennials such as lavender plants will serve your purpose. This will add a pep up to your rock garden.